“It’s actually really simple, jet fuel can’t melt steel beams,” Jr. Talon Duong said. Duong, along with thousands of Americans, is a firm believer that the American government actually planned the attacks of September 11, 2001.
The theory suggests the United States government was involved in the attacks on that fateful day. These believers base this theory on the idea that jet fuel is not able to melt steel beams, on the nature of the tower’s collapse, as well as the collapse of WTC7 (World Trade Center 7), and the idea that The Pentagon was hit by a missile rather than an airliner.
- The steel beams inside of the World Trade Center towers could not have melted from solely jet fuel.
“The science behind the temperatures and beams is too compelling,” Duong said.
- The Twin Towers and WTC7 collapsed exactly how a building in a building demolition.
“They all fell too perfectly to be a coincidence,” Duong said.
- The Pentagon was hit by a missile, not an airliner.
“The camera footage from the entry gate shows absolutely no plane, just a flash, nothing even close to a plane,” Duong said.
What Experts Say
- Now, this is not so much of a theory, but more of a fact. According to Brian Kross, Chief Executive Engineer, steel melts at a minimum temperature of 1370℃ (2500℉). Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel. “However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn’t need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength—and that required exposure to much less heat,” researchers with Popular Mechanics Magazine said.
- A YouTube video titled “GoPro: Building Demolition” uploaded by GoPro on October 20, 2014, shows a 116-meter tall building being demolished, and as it falls it seems to collapse in on itself and go straight down, just like both of the trade centers. Even experts can’t explain how the towers and tower 7 fell the way they did. “Despite strong contrary arguments, a McMaster University engineering professor steadfastly maintains the collapse of three World Trade Center buildings after the infamous 9/11 attacks can only be adequately explained if ‘controlled demolition’ is part of the equation.” Ian Harvey author of the article “9/11 destruction ‘controlled demolition’ – fact or fiction?”, wrote.
- Now this one sounds a bit far-fetched, but is it? As written in Brian Dunning’s article “The Pentagon and the Missile” one of the most popular pieces of evidence to support this part of the theory is that the Pentagon’s air defense systems would have shot down any incoming airplane, especially one with the size of a Boeing 757. “It was proposed by French conspiracy theory journalist Thierry Meyssan in his book 9/11: The Big Lie. If such a defense system existed but was not used, not a single Pentagon employee complained about it. Even the friends of the 125 employees killed raised no objection,” Dunning wrote. However, the Pentagon doesn’t have an airline defense system. Scientists, engineers, and eyewitnesses all come to the same conclusion, airliner AA 77, a Boeing 757, crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, 2001.
Conclusion: Inconclusive. With the facts showing that the towers could have fallen with the temperatures reached in the buildings, I initially wanted to disregard this theory as rubbish. However, with experts saying that both towers could not have fallen without some type of controlled demolition, I’m not sure what to believe.